Monday, December 17, 2012

Curtain Mission

We recently bought curtains for our living room at Ikea and we thought we found what we were looking for.  We wanted a white curtain that looked a medium thickness that we could close when needed, but would normally keep open.  Instantly, I knew they weren't exactly what I wanted.  I was hoping they would be a crisp white, that would make our light gray walls pop.  Instead, they are a light cream color that do nothing.  They do add some dimension to the room, but it's not me... 



(On a side note, disregard those horrible paper curtains... we are figuring out something else there)

As you can see, the curtains don't do much.  So what is a girl to do? Go on Pinterest, of course! I was able to find an awesome tutorials on how to stencil curtains, and I love it!

An inspiration photo from pinterest, not my own.
Tutorial for this picture

I am hoping if I can stencil these Ikea curtains, I will love them more!  I am thinking of doing a blue/gray to go with the walls as well as our accent color of blue!

So this is the project for the week! I will post back on the results!

Also, let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment