Sunday, January 6, 2013

First "Pinspiration" Project

This is my first attempt at a "pinspiration"project! I have seen many awesome projects that I cannot wait to do in the upcoming weeks!

 I have a ton of old Bath and Body Works Candles that have no useable wax left, so I keep them in my linen closet for no reason other than I'm a candle hoarder. I had no idea what I was going to do with these jars, but I knew I kept them for a reason! As I was browsing through Pinterest the other day, I saw that you can easily remove the wax out of the candle jars to create a universal container! I was sold.

I ran to my nearest empty candle to try it out!  This one had about a quarter inch of unusable wax on the bottom, and it worked perfectly.  It your candle has a lot more wax than this, it may take longer for it to work. 
I started by putting some water in a saucepan and bringing it to a boil.
I then carefully poured the boiling water into the candle jar.  Leaving the boiling water in the container melts the remaining wax down to a liquid, and it all rises to the top.  As the water cools, so does the wax.  It's so simple that I felt dumb for not thinking of it!  I was able to pull out the wax in one piece and the container was perfectly clean! All I had to do was rinse it off and it is good to go!







I have no idea what I am going to do with the container now that it's clean, but I have some ideas! I might use it to store some cotton balls or q-tips, or possibly make another Pinterest project and add some glitter to the bottom of the container!  The options are endless! 

I hope this gives you some ideas for your empty candle containers, and I will let you know what comes of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment